Thursday, September 8, 2011

Deer Class - Week 1

Dear Parents,

This week we began our fall semester with a strong start.  Most of our class is continuing from the summer classes, so they are already accustomed to the class environment which allows us to get right down to the new teaching material.

This week we covered greetings (with the phrases "Good morning!", "My name is...", "What is your name", "How are you today?" and "I'm fine, how are you?"), my face (going over the different parts of the face and their functions), #0-10 (in sequence), the letters "a" and "b", and we learned two new songs ("Where is Thumbkin?" and "Skip to my Lou").  All in all it was a very productive week!  We also had some games to celebrate the upcoming Moon Festival and saw/participated in a reenactment of the story of the Moon Festival.

I would like to give special recognition to this week's Star Students: Herman, Rueben*, Jingo*, Elly*, Candy, Layla and Mars (Scroll down to see their photos).  This award is given once a day to the students who earn the most stars for good behavior and class participation.  We are so proud of the efforts of these students this week.  Keep up the good work!

As this is my first teaching blog post, I'll try to use it to establish what you may expect from this blog in the future.

First, let me say that I will update this blog as often as my schedule allows.  I feel that if my schedule becomes full, the priority should go to class preparation rather than updating this blog.  That said, I will do my utmost to keep you updated on all of the new and exciting accomplishments of your lovely children!

I am working on a Flickr web album at this url: http://www.flickr.com/photos/teachertherese/ and I'm also working on some videos to post to my youtube account so that you may monitor the progress of your children.

Contacting me is really quite simple.  Please send me an e-mail at tas7blue@gmail.com.  I will respond as promptly as possible and this is without a doubt the most reliable and efficient way to get in touch with me if you have any questions or concerns.  I welcome anything that you feel is important.  I am always looking to grow as a teacher and as a person and I will take anything that you say into serious consideration.  That said, the final decision on matters relating to Deer Class rests with me and the supervising staff at Sunshine.

Here's to a great year!

-Teacher Therese

*- Indicates that this student earned the Star Student award multiple days this week
Candy

Elly*

Herman

Jingo*

Layla

Mars

Rueben*

No comments:

Post a Comment